CHECKLIST FOR WHEN YOU ARE MEETING YOUR SURGEON
Consultation with your Cosmetic Surgeon Miami is the most crucial part of the decision making when it comes to any cosmetic procedure. Before booking a consultation or making any decision it is best to do your research and compare multiple doctors and clinics. You could also consult with more than one surgeon so that you find a surgeon who is a perfect fit and with whom you are extremely comfortable. It is only understandable to be excited, but there is a list of questions that always running through your mind. Following are some of the crucial questions that you should ask your surgeon during the consultation.
What are the certifications that you have?
A board-certified surgeon will be the best equipped to conduct the procedure. Some surgeons even undergo additional training or certifications for specific cosmetic procedures. If the surgeon is not certified then you need to continue your hunt for the cosmetic surgeon.
How many years of experience do you have in this procedure?
Depending on the procedure that you are undergoing, ask your surgeon about how many years of experience do they have with that procedure. Surgeons who tend to have less experience usually offer lower prices. When choosing a surgeon you would want to be confident about them performing the procedure regularly.
Can you see the before and after pictures of the previous patients?
Ask your surgeon if you can go through the before and after pictures of the patients who had previously undergone the procedure as it will help you to determine the results. The before and after pictures are the best examples of the skills and results of the surgeon.
Where will the surgery be performed?
Some surgeons have their surgical suits in their office, where they perform the procedure. Whereas others, work out of hospitals.
Some more questions that you should raise about the clinic and the procedure
Following is the list of some more questions that you could raise with your surgeon during your consultation. Only once you are satisfied with the responses should you go ahead with the procedure. The questions are as follows.
- What is the level of accreditation held by your hospital or surgical centre?
- How long would you be staying in the hospital after the procedure, before you are allowed to go home?
- Am I a good candidate for the procedure? What are the factors that play into it?
- Are there concerns about my expectations or lifestyle regarding the procedure that I want to undergo?
- What are the possible complications and risks attached to the procedure?
- How long is the recovery time?
- What are the restrictions and limitations that need to be followed after the procedure?
- When will you start seeing the final results after undergoing the procedure?
- What is the follow-up care routine required to maintain the results of the surgery?
- How long do the results last?